Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Papertrey Ink Traveler's Journal Bullet Journaling

This is my second post today. For Reverse Confetti's June Creative Hop, scroll down or click HERE.



I'm excited to share a Traveler's Journal idea for Papertrey Ink today. This month, we are looking at bullet journaling!




 I frequently experiment with my planning and note-taking process, so a few years ago when I first started hearing about bullet journaling, I gave it a try. If you're not familiar with it, definitely Google it to see what it's all about! 

One thing I really like about bullet journaling is its flexibility and adaptability. You are basically designing and using your notebook pages exactly as you like. And if something doesn't end up working well for you, you change it up the next month or week, or even day-to-day. No more waiting for a new planner. You can start anytime and in any kind of notebook, too. 

I'm a big fan of the petite size of Papertrey's Traveler's Journal booklets. For bullet journaling purposes, they are super slim and trim! Today I'm sharing how I'm using one of the booklets as an August planner and notebook.


I decorated the cover with the month and year. 

Paper: Berry Sorbet and Green Parakeet card stock



You'll notice I'm using the notebook vertically. You'll see why as we page through, but I do love this orientation! The dot grid paper is popular in the bullet journaling community. I printed my own using the download available HERE on the Papertrey blog, trimmed the pages down to 4 1/2" x 9", then die-cut the stitching holes using a die in the Traveler's Journal: Accessories die set.




I love keeping a habit tracker in my planner. The new Traveler's Journal: Bullets stamp set came in handy when creating this chart! The yellow arrows along the top, as well as the days of the week and open circles, are all from this new set.

Stamps: Pencilgrams; Traveler's Journal: Bullets



On the next page I created a monthly calendar. This list view is popular with bullet journalers. I'm not yet sold, but am willing to give it a go. (And again, easy to change up to a traditional monthly view next month. You get to organize and re-organize your content to your heart's desire.)


The horizontal notebook orientation is *perfect* for the list view!

Stamps: Traveler's Journal: Bullets; Monthly Moments: Year-Round Mini



The daily page is the heart of the bullet journaling system, and it is whatever you need it to be. 

The bullet journaling system uses a set of icons to denote different things: a triangle is an appointment, a box is for tasks, and an open circle is an event. You fill in or shade the icon when completed, an X is for canceled, slash is for in progress, and a forward arrow indicates something has been moved. Highlight an item as a priority with an asterisk or as a deadline with an exclamation point. 

The new Traveler's Journal: Bullets stamp set includes all of those icons, corresponding triangle/square/circle solid images, days of the week, a large box to organize lists, a few decorative elements, and more. Having the outline and solid icons keeps everything super neat and makes it easy to add color, too.

Stamps: Traveler's Journal: Bullets, Dates



It's summer, when we don't have a ton of stuff going on, so a quick, simple, one-page-per-day works for now. When school and activities kick in later in the month, if I need to switch to a full spread per day, I can. Because it's not a pre-printed and pre-arranged traditional planner, I can easily modify as I go.

I do like to keep a week's worth of daily pages together, but after those, you use the next blank page anytime you need to take notes or jot something down. There is also an indexing system to help keep track of where all your information is stored. I'll be keeping my index separate so that it can span multiple booklets. 

My bullet journal is definitely a work in progress, but that's the beauty of it! 

Stamps: Traveler's Journal: Bullets, Dates


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

This looks very cool, Amy!