Saturday, May 14, 2016

NEW! Make It Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows


Papertrey's May release countdown continues today with a colorful Make It Market Mini Kit called Sunshine & Rainbows, designed by Betsy Veldman. Just like with her color pop collections, this kit comes with stamps, dies, papers and stencils.

I love crafting with sunshine and rainbows! The warmth and the color are just irresistible!

Sunshine & Rainbows, along with the rest of the May release, will be available at 10 pm ET on May 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.


For my first card, I went for a soft and sweet look. I used the sun stencil for the background, then just added the word die-cut, stamping, and a few sequins (included in the kit, by the way). 



For added interest, I used the stencil as a guide to paper pierce around the heart, so that I could add the hand stitching. I also really, really lightly inked two of the corners with Aqua Mist ink.


Stamps: Sunshine & Rainbows

Dies: Sunshine & Rainbows

Ink: Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, True Black, Aqua Mist

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen

Other: sequins, Sunshine & Rainbows stencils, ink blending tool, paper piercer/needle/thread, clear glitter





Next is a fun, more artsy-looking rainbow card. For this one, I used one of the stencils to ink the rainbow. As I inked, I masked off the other colors, so that I could splash with water and then spritz with re-inker.


Once again, I added some hand-stitching, this time around the clouds. The sentiment is a combination of stamping and a word die-cut. For the word die-cut, I stacked a few white die-cuts together before adding the ombre turquoise die-cut to the stack. 

(By the way, at first, I die-cut the word "rainbow" straight out of the watercolored rainbow panel, then placed *that* die-cut on the top of the stack. It's a fun look, kind of a camouflaged dimension, but the more I looked at it, the more I felt like it didn't really work on this card. So I peeled that layer off and added the turquoise word instead. The teaser photo at the top of this post and the photo on Nichole's blog both show the sentiment the old way, so I wanted to mention why they are different.)


Last, I added a swing die-cut that I heat embossed in white, some stamped rain drops, and some clear sequins.


StampsSunshine & Rainbows

DiesSunshine & Rainbows

Ink: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, and True Black

Paper: watercolor paper, Fresh Snow Linen, vellum card stock

Other: sequins, Sunshine & Rainbows stencils, ink blending tool, paper piercer/needle/thread



I had so much fun working with these products! For lots more Sunshine & Rainbows inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:




Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

These cards are gorgeous, Amy! I especially love the deep and layered colours that you achieved on the second card! Looks like a fab kit!

jan metcalf said...

Your cards are wonderful, love the rainbow card, very high compliment because not usually a fan of rainbow cards! :)

Donna Cala said...

Love the watercolored rainbow.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful designs Amy - love that bright spritzed rainbow!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards my dear!

TLady said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the water coloring on your second card & the little swing! The stitching on both is SO CREATIVE! Your first card is EXCELLENT too....LOVE the colors & the sunburst with the heart!!! ;)SUPER JOB!!!

Sandy M said...

Great idea using the stencil to punch the sewing holes. Love both cards.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

AWESOME AND ADORABLE CARDS!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kelly said...

such beautiful cards! i love your stitching detail and, well, every little detail you added!

Colleen said...

Love them both, love the stitching around the heart and water color anything is awesome to me